Situated on a stunning stretch of wild Atlantic coastline of Morocco, is this beautiful and inspiring eco-friendly retreat, which provides charming, individually designed guest rooms.
The Filpi family have pursued their dream in creating, against all the odds, this remote and inspiring hideaway, and are now delighted to be able to share this very special place with you.
Life here dances to a different rhythm, and still revolves around the ever-changing ocean, the sun and the wind... our nearest neighbours are camels and donkeys and they will escort you to our beautiful bubble...
Watch our video of past retreats.
The retreat is wrapped around a large central open air studio, with glorious views of the ocean. Further rooms are dotted around the pool and gardens, which lead down to the beach. The accommodation is very flexible from spacious single / double suites, to units which can accommodate families and groups of friends. Our rooms are charming and quirky, inspired by the surrounds and which a touch of artistic flair Each has its own individual character, but all have something special. Dar Danse is a unique and special place; it has blown away wow-ed our previous visitors. It is however unlike a typical hotel break with room and turn down service and fluffy pillows - the remote location is Dar Danse’s major appeal, everything that now lives there has made its way by donkey So expect an experience unlike any other which involves candles under the starts, friendly dogs, camels and donkeys and stylish but rustic bedrooms and shower rooms, comfortable but not luxurious.
The facilities include
- 9 individually designed bedrooms (accommodating 21 guests very comfortably )
- Outdoor swimming pool (with separate shallow area/Jacuzzi) surrounded by alfresco eating areas
- Open8air studio (with glorious view of the ocean ), measuring 17m x 13m, with non-slip wooden floor, piano and sound system
- Traditional Moroccan Hammam
- Spa treatment room
- Poolside BBQ and crêpe bar
- Covered sunken gardens, roof terrace and fire pit – all with electricity outlets, and suitable for small alfresco meetings
- Moroccan salon with fireplace
- Table tennis
- Miles of sandy beaches right on the doorstep.
Accommodation in Morocco, 1 night in Marrakech and 6 nights in Essaouira
Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner each day (Exl. Sat dinner and Sun lunch in Marrakech and Thurs lunch in Essaouira)
All Pilates, Franklin Method, Zumba, Ballet Tone and Relaxation classes
Camel riding along the beach
Moroccan cookery lesson
Use of the Hammam
Ballet class – with retired soloist from the Royal Ballet company
What you need to arrange/extras:
- Transport to and from Bristol airport
- Easy jet flight from Bristol to Marrakesh £165.98 currently on the above times.
- Dinner and Lunch in Marrakech, Lunch on Essaouira daytrip
- Visits to the old fishing port and souks of Essaouira £10
- Excursions to women’s’ Argan oil co8operatives £10
- Transfer from Marrakesh to Retreat (£40 return in a group)
- Extra drinks, glass of wine £5 each.
This will be confirmed closer to the date However there will be 3 hours of exercise each day. We have a choice and mix between Pilates, Franklin Method, Ballet Tone, Zumba, Relaxation/Meditation and a Ballet Class with ex Royal Ballet soloist Francesca Filpa.
There will be a cookery lesson one afternoon, a trip to the Souks for those that would like to, you can relax by the pool, stroll the length of the beautiful sandy beach, pamper yourself in the Hammam or treat yourself to an incredibl massage and Hammam treatment.
Delicious home cooked breakfasts consist of fresh fruit, homemade yoghurt and muesli, freshly baked local breads and traditional Moroccan pancakes.
Seasonal lunch menu du jour, snack and drinks will be served during the day.
Dinner is cooked to order with freshly caught from from our beach, sizzling tagines, wholesome salads and drinks and snack are available all day.
There is a range of activities within the bubble on the Beach.
Included in your package:
- A traditional Moroccan Hammam on sight
- Moroccan Cookery Lesson
- Camel riding along the beach
- 2/3 Classes per day. Pilates, Franklin Method, Zumba, Ballet Tone, Relaxation
Further activities can be arranged as optional extras, such as:
- Incredible Moroccan Hammam treatment – this is a must
- Spa treatments
- Visits to the old fishing port and souks of Essaouira
- Excursions to women’s’ Argan oil co-operatives
- Local art exhibitions
- Ancient Kasbahs
Then again, some people may prefer to just regenerate body and soul. Relaxing by the pool, and watching the sun go down on another blissful day at Dar Danse