One of the greatest discoveries of the 21st century is the plasticity of the brain; that the lives we live shape the brain we develop.
The Franklin Method is at the forefront of practical neuro-plasticity; showing you how to use your brain to improve your body's function. It teaches you how to harness the transforming power of the mind. It can be applied to improve all of your abilities. It all starts with the knowledge that we have the power to change.
The Franklin Method teaches the practical elements of body design, emphasizing imagery for maximum efficiency. Body posture and movement are imagery driven, and if the image doesn't correspond to the way the body is designed, the result will be a steady decline in function. By contrast, the best way to improve function is to start with an image that corresponds to how the body is designed.
Rachael is very excited to introduce the Franklin Method to North Devon, she is one of only three level 3 Franklin Method Practitioners in the UK an the first English speaking Faculty member in Europe.
Rachael has assisted Eric Franklin/ Morten Ditmer at his private workshops in at The Royal Ballet and at New York University, Trinity Laban Conservatoire, and at Her majesty's Theatre in London as well as hosting her own workshops in Canada, Iceland, Costa Rica, New York and Miami.
Topics available as Workshops or Private tuition:
- Pelvic Power for Core integration
- Pelvic Power in pregnancy and post natal
- Dancing with an edge
- Psoas- Activate your inner core
- Relax your neck, liberate your shoulders
- Imagery for a healthy spine
- Anatomy and ease of breathing
- Feet for Life: Organizing our Dynamic Base
- Strong and Healthy Knees through Imagery
- Digest for Life: Organ health for your stomach.
- Organ Imagery for Health, Alignment and Flexibility.
- Filters for Life: Organ health for your Kidneys.
- Muscles give me some-Toned and Flexible Muscles through Mind-Body Techniques
- An introduction to the powerful use of imagery in health, motivation and movement
Recent workshops hosted by:
- Pilates on the beach, Miami, Florida
- The Canadian Contemporary Dance Theatre, Toronto
- Klassiski Listdanskolinn, Rejkavijk, Iceland
- Florblanca Pilates, Costa Rica
- To The Core Pilates, Prince George, Canada
- Yoga on the lane, Dalston, London
- Portsmouth Yoga
- Haven Pilates, Exeter
- Enlightened Body Pilates, Honiton
- The Pilates Studio, Bristol
- The Osteopathy and Pilates Studio, Bath
- Gemma Yoga, Barton Peveril College, Eastleigh
- Soul Pilates, Bristol
- Pilates Moves Studio, Bristol
- The Body Workshop, Cirencester
The Franklin Method teaches you hot to harness the transforming power of the mind. It can be applied to improve all or your abililties.
The Franklin Method will teach you how to move intelligently, efficiently, creatively and with a deep sense of awareness from the inside out.
The Franklin Method offers us tools to harness the incredible power of our minds; this gives us the opportunity to really transform how we think, move and perceive the world around us.
The class typically starts with a mental and physical warm up. We then cover our subject matter, which could be looking at the design of the feet, the pelvis and the spine, how to breathe efficiently- the choices are endless. By understanding our body's design and how it functions best, we get a clearer picture of what is happening inside our body, we are able to take responsibility- ultimately true change has to come from us. We use the knowledge we have gained and integrate it into a fun, toning band routine to music, or we will use the Franklin Balls to give our body a deep sense of effortlessly aligned posture.